Wednesday 9 May 2012 - Friday 29 June 2012
ACOR Workshops: Development of a National Recycling Industry Accreditation Standard
Have your say on developing the best practice guidelines by attending the Australian Council of Recycling workshops in your State.
What is best practice in the recycling
Can performance measures improve your recycling business?
The Australian Council of Recycling (ACOR), with support from state and commonwealth governments, is developing best practice guidelines for our industry.
Potential benefits to the industry include:
- Less intrusion by government regulation
- Improved compliance and quality control
- Competitive market advantage through procurement, grants and purchasing
- Greater government and investor confidence
- What is best practice in the recycling industry?
- What are the latest diversion rates and recyclate residuals?
- What are the emerging secondary markets?
- What are Australian Competition and Consumer Commission requirements for industry self regulation
- What is the most efficient and effective means of handling materials?
- How do you make quantitative claims about the material recovered or diverted from landfill?
Scheduled workshops are listed below. You can register to attend by clicking on the link provided and completing an online registration form.
Attendance is free, however registration is essential as limited places are available.
The TechClinics will commence at 8:30am, with registration open from 8:00am. They will conclude at 1:00pm with optional networking lunch and an additional presentation until 3:00pm.
Date: Wednesday 9th May 2012
Gondwana Rainforest Room, Level 3, 400 George Street, Brisbane QLD 4000.
Registration for the Brisbane workshop is closed.
Date: Wednesday 6th June 2012
Venue: Meeting Room 10, Adelaide Convention Centre, North Terrace, Adelaide SA 5000
To Register: Click here to register online for the Adelaide workshop
Date: Wednesday 13th June 2012
Venue: The Marsden Room, Park Royal Parramatta, 30 Phillip Street, Parramatta NSW 2150
To Register: Click here to register online for the Sydney workshop
These events are supported by Enterprise Connect. Enterprise Connect is an Australian Government initiative backed by industry that offers comprehensive advice and support to eligible Australian small and medium businesses to help them transform and reach their full potential. Our experienced, independent Business Advisers provide confidential, unbiased business advice at no charge. For more information visit www.enterpriseconnect.gov.au or call 131 791.